Hey guys! Thanks for reading...I hope you are well and keeping sane with the current media/ news on the Corona Virus and global climate.
I have been asked numerous times for natural tips on how to stay healthy while boosting immune system and avoiding chemicals as much as possible. Last I heard, hand sanitizers and disinfectant sprays are flying off the shelves and selling like hot cakes and to be honest not the best way to "protect" yourself if thats your main goal. Chemicals are filled with harmful toxins and must be avoided unless you feel its necessary to disinfect things. Wash your hands and clothing often and stop fearing germs and viruses. Where our attention goes energy flows and germs, viruses, and bacteria are a part of our eco system and not going away anytime soon! Tomorrow is not promised to anyone and just remember God is our ultimate protecter and we are so blessed to have things available to us that we can use to help and empower ourselves.
So what can we all do?
When you look at boosting your health you must start with inside out and for this reason alone- I always look for root cause healing and we truly must focus on the immune health first.
Below are my suggestions on how to stay healthy and be prepared for anything..see if you feel these suggestions align with you and speak to you.
1) Really pay attention to what are you eating? Hows your nutrition?
Foods from nature (not packaged), are the best ways to give our bodies optional fuel. Research shows a diet rich in fruits and veggies builds a stronger immune system and can help you recover faster if should you get ill. Make sure you rotate a variety of colorful fruits and veggies and try not to overcook it to leave the beneficial nutrients intact. Raw is best but many people cannot digest them properly.
Always buy organic as this way the foods you consume aren't sprayed with chemicals and pesticides. If you aren't able to always buy organic follow the dirty dozen and clean 15 guide linked below.
2) Health isn't only found in what you eat. What do I mean? What we consume on a daily basis- listen to, watch and read or even having toxic thoughts also effects our health and immune system greatly! If you are constantly watching the news and going into fear mode or protection mode from some fear "out there", My 'go to' questions to ask yourself are, "Does having these thoughts serve my soul", or "Does this make me feel good or for my best and highest good"? If the answers are no, then there is no space for it. Its basically just consuming your vital life force energy which can go towards other wholesome things. Be mindful of the news and trust you will have the answers when you need them. Trust your internal guiding system and if you're truly in danger you will know what to do!
3) Exercise is so important and can be fun! Move your body! A minimum of 30 minutes per day is a must for adults. Walk, jog, do yoga, or a fun dance class and find what works for you by creating a weekly plan. Once you start following it you will feel so good knowing you're accomplishing your daily/weekly goals and showing your body how thankful and appreciative you are of your divine vessel.
4) Start to get curious about essential oils for immunity! Oils are compounds from herb plants and fruits, and a must have in my health tool box for all kinds of health issues and yes, even viruses. Some oils I highly suggest are Melissa, Yarrow, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus. Each one of these carries unique benefits and you can use them in your bath tub, water diffuser, or topically with a carrier oil like jojoba or apricot kernel oil. Try to buy organic if possible as our skin absorbs the oils and is the largest organ we have.
5) Some of my favorite ways to help my family is taking the following supplements:
Check with your health practitioner or doctor before started new protocols.
*A high quality Vitamin C (liposomal is best) as it protects the immune system from free radicals and also a major antioxidant.
*B complex- Many are deficient in this and having a lack of B vitamins can greatly affect the nervous system.
*Liquid Zinc- Lets face it our soil is depleted in zinc and its a crucial supplement as it helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses and helps our wounds heal faster.
*Trace minerals are also a great option as they contain multi-minerals often in just one supplement which is convenient.
*Propolis throat spray is a natural spray from Bee's and one I highly suggest to keep in your bag and especially for air travel. Its great for sore throat and to stop an onset of any cold symptoms.
*Colloidal Silver- specifically sovereign silver. Its a must have for your immune system and you can use it as a mouth wash, treat burns, topical cleaning agent, and you can also add it to a steamer and inhale it to kill bacteria and viruses. There is a lot more information online. I suggest you look into this one and read the science behind it.
*Elderberry- I cant say enough great things about this medicinal berry. There is tons of research online and you can take it daily for general precautions or just few times a week. I have never gotten the flu shot and never plan to due to using some one these powerful natural remedies that Mother nature has provided us with.
*Garlic water! Its cheap and its amazing. The key is to crush the garlic and let it sit for a few mins to ignite a bio-active component allicin. Allicin is an amazing anti-viral which is known to fight bacteria as well as viruses. Start small with one clove, crush it, let it sit and drop it in water. I usually do this at night if need to and swear by it!
6) Stress is a huge component when it comes to your immune health. Some ways to manage stress on a daily basis is writing down three things with a pencil that you're grateful for. Buy a specific/ special gratitude journal and keep it next to your bed. If you can do this morning and night research has shown it yields optimal results with anxiety and depression. Also you can slowly incorporate a daily meditation practice. Even 20 minutes per day of mindful meditation is highly beneficial to calm and regulate the immune system, sharpen the mind, and reduce blood pressure.
For further information or specialized health coaching assistance for your individual needs, please visit my website at www.Depthfuljourney.com and book a consult.
Thank you for reading and I wish you the best on your health and healing journey.